Workplace Assessment for Safety and Hygiene (WASH)
A Scheme by Quality Council of India
To help any organisation assess its preparedness to restart and run operations safely against COVID-19
The post-virus business landscape will clearly include a larger focus on health, safety and hygiene conditions of employees, customers and public at large. India’s decision to start opening up the economy in a staggered manner, while laudable, requires a plan to make sure that exceptions are minimized and recurrences of spread are strategically isolated. The positives of the lockdown cannot be afforded to be negated and therefore, there is a need to bring specific standards/protocols for the business organizations, institutions etc. to ensure that they are able to operate safely with little or no instances of recurrence. This requires a few imperative priorities for the organizations/institutions as mentioned below:
• Ensuring safe operations and workplace for safeguarding health and safety of employees, customers and public.
• Complying with all new COVID-19 related requirements from regulatory/health authorities and/or other Government bodies.
• Ensuring business continuity in operations to serve customers and protect businesses.
For the benefit of citizens and industry, QCI, along with industry stakeholders, has developed a harmonized standard “Workplace Assessment for Safety and Hygiene” (WASH)” to help the organizations assess their preparedness to restart and run their operations safely.
This standard is applicable for assessment at any workplace which has been allowed to operate.
The assessment can be done as an on-site assessment or remotely through a virtual system of assessment by trained assessors. The assessment report generated will provide the applicant with an objective assessment of the safety and hygiene measures undertaken by them to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 infection.
DOCUMENTS RELATED TO WASH SCHEME
The applicant organization(s) desirous of getting their workplace assessed under this scheme can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org for the assessment. The assessment agency shall guide the applicant organization(s) through the process. The documents given below shall be used for reference, application and assessment:
Fee of Assessment
- INR 10,500/- (Rupees Ten Thousand and Five Hundred only) + GST , if the assessment is carried out within 1 man-day.
- However, for certain workplaces, depending on the size and/or number of employees, it may require additional time (upto another 1 man-day) and the cost of the same may be determined accordingly.
- Cost of travel/conveyance and stay/accommodation as per the actual (Not applicable for remote assessment)
Application Form for workplace assessment. Click Here
For more information please write to email@example.com or Contact on :- 91-9915526263